- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water and set aside to proof.
- In another bowl, mix together sugar, salt, shortening, and egg with an electric mixer at low speed. Add mixture to yeast, and stir in flour. The last 3 cups of flour will have to be mixed in by hand.
- Cover dough with a damp cloth, and place in refrigerator. Punch down occasionally as dough rises. You can leave dough in refrigerator overnight.
- Two hours before baking, shape the dough into rolls. Place on greased pans, baking trays or muffin pans. Let rise 2 hours.
- Bake at 400 degrees F ( 205 degrees C) for 8 to 10 minutes.
No Ratings Yet
You may also like