- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 pounds round steak, cut into pieces
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, for garnish
- 4 fresh green chilies, for garnish
- In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, ginger garlic paste, pepper flakes, cumin, cloves, turmeric and salt. Mix in beef until evenly coated. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Fry onion until golden brown. Remove 1 tablespoon of onion, and set aside for garnish. Reduce heat to low. Place meat in skillet, cover, and cook until tender, about 25 minutes. Check every 10 minutes, and add water if necessary. Pour in lemon juice, and simmer for 10 minutes. Garnish with cilantro, green chiles, and reserved fried onion.
pakistani pot roast beef fillets (pasanday), Main Dish recipe