- cooking spray
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup unsweetened crunchy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- Stir mashed bananas, peanut butter, brown sugar, yogurt, egg, and canola oil thoroughly in a separate bowl.
- Stir the banana mixture into the dry ingredients until thoroughly combined; stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the loaf is lightly browned at the edges and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 40 to 50 minutes.
- Cool the bread in the pan on a rack for 15 minutes before removing bread to finish cooling on rack. Slice when cool.
peanut butter chocolate chip banana bread, Breakfast Bread recipe