- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 minced hot green chile peppers
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- 1 tomato, diced (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- Use a blender to grind the ginger, 1 teaspoon cumin, and green chile peppers.
- In a medium saucepan, add 1 cup water, pineapple, tomato, and salt. Place over a low heat. When the pineapple and water have come to boil, add the ground mixture. Raise and lower the heat to bring to a boil several times. Add the remaining water, and bring to a boil again. Add cilantro, and remove from heat. Mix in lime juice.
- In a small pan, heat oil over medium heat, and add the remaining cumin seeds. Fry till golden, and add to the soup as a garnish.
pineapple, lime, and ginger soup, Fruit Soup recipe