- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can baked beans with pork
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour five 16 ounce cans OR two 8 x 4 inch loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, mix sugar, oil, eggs, and beans until smooth.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and soda. Add to bean mixture, stirring just until combined. Stir in raisins and vanilla. Fill cans 2/3 full with batter, or divide batter into prepared loaf pans.
- Place cans or pans on a baking sheet. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool completely on wire racks before removing bread from cans or pans.
pork-n-beans cake, Cakes recipe