- 2 large potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium casserole dish.
- In a pot with enough water to cover, boil the potatoes 10 minutes, or until tender but still firm. Drain, and set aside.
- In a pot, place the cauliflower in a steamer basket over boiling water. Steam 5 minutes, until tender but still firm. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat, and whisk in the flour. Gradually stir in the heavy cream until thickened. Remove from heat, and mix in 1/2 cup Swiss cheese until melted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the potatoes and cauliflower in the prepared casserole dish. Pour the cream sauce over the potatoes and cauliflower, and sprinkle with the remaining Swiss cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until bubbly and lightly browned.
potato and cauliflower casserole, Potatoes recipe