- Prep Time: 50 m
- Calories: 328 kcal
/ Soups, Stews And Chili
/ Beans And Peas
/ Black Bean Soup
- Place bacon in a cold pot. Turn heat to medium, cook and stir until the bacon is cooked but not crisp.
- Stir in onion; cook and stir for 5 minutes, until the onion turns translucent and golden.
- Stir in garlic; cook for 2-3 minutes. Add chicken stock, turn heat to medium-high. Stir in oregano, cayenne and salt. Add black beans and water. Return to a simmer.
- Simmer on medium-low, stirring occasionally, for 20-30 minutes. While it's cooking, mash about half the beans to thicken the soup.
- Stir in black pepper and cumin. Add salt to taste.
- Make the relish by stirring together minced green onion, sambal paste, and lime juice.
- Serve garnished with relish, chopped green onions, and sour cream.
No Ratings Yet
You may also like