- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cold water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1 small tomato, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pinch coarse sea salt
- Combine quinoa, cold water, and salt in a saucepan; bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, place a cover on the saucepan, and cook until the liquid is fully absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir celery, onion, carrot, and garlic in the hot oil until the onion is translucent, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir almonds, tomato, raisins, salt, pepper, thyme, and oregano into the vegetable mixture; cook and stir 1 minute more.
- Fluff the quinoa with a fork and stir into the mixture in the skillet; cook and stir until evenly mixed and hot, about 30 seconds.
- Divide between 3 plates; sprinkle the top of each portion with a scattering of a few coarse sea salt granules for a surprising crunch of salty goodness.
quinoa almond pilaf, Main Dish recipe