- 4 slices bacon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup canned cream-style corn
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease 12 muffin cups.
- Place bacon in a skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, wheat germ and salt. In a separate bowl, combine eggs, milk, corn, butter, oil and bacon. Stir egg mixture into dry ingredients, just until combined. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25, until golden brown.
savory breakfast muffins, Bacon recipe