- 1 (12 ounce) package angel hair pasta
- 1/2 pound andouille sausage, sliced
- 3/4 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh garlic
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coarse grained prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add angel hair pasta, and cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until al dente. Drain, and set aside.
- Place sausage in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir until evenly browned; drain. Mix in shrimp, green onions, mushrooms, and garlic. Cook about 1 minute, until shrimp are opaque. Remove mixture from skillet, and set aside.
- Pour wine into the skillet, and scrape up browned bits. Cook until reduced by about 1/2. Mix in heavy cream, and continue cooking until reduced by about 1/3. Stir in mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Return sausage mixture to the skillet, and blend into the wine mixture. Cook and stir until heated through. Serve over angel hair pasta.
shrimp and andouille sausage with mustard sauce, Shrimp recipe