- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 8 spears fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring the quinoa and chicken broth to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the quinoa is tender about 15 minutes. Turn off the heat, and let the remaining liquid absorb into the quinoa.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in the garlic, onion, and red bell pepper; cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the asparagus, mushrooms, raisins, and ginger; continue cooking until the asparagus is tender. Stir in the shrimp, and cook until the shrimp have turned pink and are no longer translucent in the center.
- Stir the lemon juice into the quinoa, then toss the quinoa with the shrimp and vegetable mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper before serving.
shrimp quinoa, Shrimp recipe