- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 ounces turkey Italian sausages, casings removed
- 8 (4 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 cup dry vermouth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- salt to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- In a 5 to 6 quart slow cooker, combine onion, bell pepper, garlic, rosemary, and oregano. Crumble sausages over onion mixture. Rinse chicken and pat dry; arrange in a single layer over sausage. Sprinkle with pepper. Pour in vermouth. Cover, and cook on Low setting for 5 to 7 hours, or until chicken is tender and cooked through when pierced.
- Transfer chicken to a warm, deep platter, and cover to keep warm.
- In a small bowl, stir together cornstarch and cold water. Stir into cooking liquid in slow cooker. Increase heat to High, and cover. Cook, stirring 2 to3 times, until sauce is thickened (about 10 more minutes). Season to taste with salt. Spoon sauce over chicken, and sprinkle with parsley.
slow cooker rosemary and red pepper chicken, Italian-Style recipe