- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can peeled and diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 4 potatoes, cubed
- 1 cup medium salsa
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Cook ground beef and onion until done.
- In a large pan add beef, onion, tomatoes, beans, corn, potatoes, picante sauce, water, cumin, salt and pepper to taste, and garlic powder. Simmer, covered, for 45 minutes. I like to use slow cooker and let it simmer all day. Serve; top with cheese.
southwest stew, Beef recipe