- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/3 (15 ounce) can pickled beets
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound baby spinach, rinsed and dried
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- In small saucepan over medium heat, cook and stir the walnuts and sugar until walnuts are lightly browned and sugar is caramelized. Thoroughly coat the walnuts with the sugar.
- In a blender or food processor, blend the beets with cider vinegar, bouillon granules, garlic powder, sugar, salt, and pepper. Gradually blend in the oil.
- In a large bowl, toss together the sugar-coated walnuts and spinach. Before serving, drizzle with the blended beat mixture, toss, and sprinkle with goat cheese.
spinach and goat cheese salad with beetroot vinaigrette, Spinach Salad recipe