- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 4 large firm tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a small saucepan over high heat, bring water to a boil. Stir in rice; cover and remove from heat. Let stand covered 5 minutes or until water is absorbed. Fluff with fork.
- Slice off the top of each tomato and scoop out the pulp, leaving a 1/4 inch thick shell. Reserve 3 tablespoons of pulp, chopped. Invert the tomatoes to drain.
- In a medium bowl combine rice, tomato pulp, green pepper, onion, parsley, salt, garlic and olive oil; mix well. Spoon filling into tomato shells.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
stuffed and baked tomatoes, Tomatoes recipe