- 1 1/2 cups apricot nectar
- 1/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (3/4 pound) salmon filet without skin
- Preheat your oven's broiler, and grease a broiling pan.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, mix together the apricot nectar, dried apricots, honey, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, cinnamon and cayenne. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for about 20 minutes, or until reduced by about half. Stir occasionally to prevent burning. Remove 1/4 cup of the glaze for basting, and set the remaining aside.
- Place the salmon filet on the greased broiling pan, and brush with glaze. Broil 3 inches from the heat for 8 to 12 minutes, or until salmon flakes easily with a fork. Gently turn over once during cooking, and baste frequently during the last 4 minutes. Serve with remaining glaze.
sweet 'n' hot glazed salmon, Salmon Fillets recipe