- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
- 2 cups cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 2/3 cups light cream
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- Bake sweet potatoes until tender, peel and mash. Make sure all lumps are removed, straining if necessary.
- Lightly beat eggs. Blend together eggs and sweet potatoes. Stir in sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves. Blend in cream. Pour into pie shell.
- Bake in preheated oven at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) 45-55 minutes or until knife inserted halfway between center and edge of pie comes out clean. Cool completely on rack.
- To make Caramelized Pecan Topping: Combine butter or margarine, brown sugar, and pecans. Gently drop by spoonfuls over cooled pie to cover top. Broil 5 inches below heat until mixture begins to bubble, about 3 minutes. Watch carefully, if cooked too long, top will turn syrupy. Cool on rack.
sweet potato pecan pie, Sweet Potato Pie recipe