- Prep Time: 1 h 20 m
- Calories: 595 kcal
/ Side Dish
/ Sweet Potato Casserole
- In a large stockpot, cover sweet potatoes with 1 inch of water; boil for 20 minutes, or until fork tender. Drain, allow to cool and remove skins.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease or butter one 2 quart casserole dish.
- Place potatoes in a mixing bowl and with an electric mixer, beat on low speed until potatoes begin to break up. Increase speed to medium high and blend until smooth.
- Reduce speed to low and add sugar, milk, butter, vanilla, eggs and salt. Mix well.
- Allow any potato 'fibers' to remain on the beater and remove. Pour sweet potato mixture into the casserole dish.
- Prepare the topping in a small bowl by whisking together the brown sugar, flour, butter and pecans. Sprinkle mixture over potato mixture and bake for 40 minutes.
No Ratings Yet
You may also like