- 1 (16 ounce) package farfalle (bow tie) pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe, trimmed
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the farfalle pasta, and cook until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes; drain.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in the Italian sausage until crumbly and no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic, and continue cooking until the sausage begins to brown, about 5 minutes more. Pour off the excess grease, then pour in the chicken broth and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil over high heat, then add the broccoli rabe, and cover. Cook until the broccoli rabe is tender, about 4 minutes.
- When the broccoli rabe is done, stir in the butter, Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper until the meat sauce has thickened. Toss with the farfalle and serve.
talian sausage with farfalle and broccoli rabe, Pasta recipe