- 2 cups dry jasmine rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cubed
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 cups 1 inch pieces asparagus
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 (14 ounce) can light coconut milk
- In a 2 quart saucepan, combine water and rice. Cover, and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- In a medium size bowl, combine the chicken and curry powder, and toss to coat.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Cook the chicken, stirring frequently, over medium-high heat for 4 minutes. Mix in the asparagus, snow peas, carrots and green onions; cook for 3 minutes. Pour in the coconut milk , continue cooking until sauce is hot, and chicken is cooked through. Serve over the hot, cooked rice.
thai coconut chicken, Skillet recipe