- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In medium skillet, over medium heat, heat butter until lightly browned. Be careful not to burn. Add oats; saute, stirring constantly, until golden -- about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; cool.
- Meanwhile, sift flour with cinnamon, salt, and soda; set aside.
- In large bowl, combine sugar, egg, and vanilla. With wooden spoon, or portable electric mixer at medium speed, beat until light.
- Stir in rolled oats and flour mixture until well combined.
- Drop by slightly rounded teaspoonfuls, 3 inches apart, onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden. Remove to wire rack. Cool.
No Ratings Yet
You may also like