- 1 1/2 (8 ounce) packages egg noodles
- 1 (9 ounce) can tuna, undrained
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (15 ounce) can peas with mushrooms and pearl onions (such as Le Sueur®), undrained
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup milk
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the egg noodles and return to a boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, about 5 minutes. Drain well in a colander set in the sink.
- While the pasta is cooking, stir the tuna, condensed soup, peas with mushrooms and onions, onion, milk, salt, and pepper in a bowl until evenly mixed. Gently stir in the cooked pasta, then pour the mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with dry bread crumbs.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the casserole is bubbling and the bread crumbs are golden brown, about 20 minutes.
trish's tuna casserole, Tuna recipe