- 1 (9 ounce) package dried udon noodles
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger root
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons chili oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 whole rotisserie chicken, skinned and boned, meat pulled into large chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Bring a large pot with lightly salted water to a rolling boil. Drop the udon in a few noodles at a time and return to a boil. Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain; return to the pot.
- While the udon noodles are cooking, whisk the chicken broth, ginger, soy sauce, peanut butter, honey, chile oil, and garlic in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, whisking until the peanut butter has melted. Pour the sauce over the noodles. Add the chicken and red bell pepper; toss until the noodles are evenly coated in the sauce. Sprinkle with green onions, chopped peanuts, and cilantro to serve.
udon peanut butter noodles, Pasta recipe