- 1 1/2 cups uncooked long-grain white rice
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup soy sauce, divided
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can bamboo shoots, drained
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 3/4 cup snow peas
- 3 green onions, sliced
- Place rice and water in a medium saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 20 minutes, or until rice is tender. Transfer to a medium container, and place in the refrigerator 1 hour, or until chilled.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Stir in the onion and garlic, and cook until tender.
- In a medium bowl, blend eggs and 1 tablespoon soy sauce. Stir into the medium skillet, and cook until no longer runny. Remove onion, garlic, and eggs from heat, and set aside. Chop any large egg chunks into small pieces.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat. Stir in the celery, mushrooms, and green pepper. Cook until tender but firm. Stir in rice, bamboo shoots, carrots, and snow peas. Season with remaining soy sauce. Cook and stir 5 minutes, or until rice is heated through. Mix in the onion, garlic, and eggs.
vegetable lovers' fried rice, Fried Rice recipe