- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - pounded thin
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 dates, pitted and chopped
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- dried thyme to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Dredge chicken in flour to evenly coat. Brown chicken in the skillet about 2 minutes on each side.
- Set aside chicken, and heat remaining olive oil in the skillet. Mix in bacon, onions, and garlic, and cook until onions are tender and bacon is evenly brown. Mix in dates. Pour in the chicken stock, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Return chicken to skillet. Season with chili powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and thyme. Cover, and continue cooking 15 minutes over low heat, or until chicken juices run clear.
viva madrid spanish chicken, Chicken Breasts recipe