- 1 (8 ounce) package uncooked pasta shells
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked chicken
- 1 ounce diced roasted red peppers
- 2 tablespoons light cream cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Place pasta shells in the pot, cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente, and drain.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, and cook the onion and garlic until tender. Mix in the zucchini, and season with oregano, salt and pepper, and red pepper. Cook 10 minutes, until tender.
- Stir the chicken broth into the skillet, and cook 5 minutes, until heated through. Mix in the chicken, roasted red peppers, and cream cheese, and continue cooking 5 minutes. Serve over the cooked pasta, and top with fresh basil and Parmesan cheese.
zucchini pasta, Pasta recipe