- 1 1/2 pounds russet potatoes
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup lard or other cooking fat
- Place whole potatoes in their skins into a large pot of boiling water; boil for 25 to 30 minutes. Remove potatoes, and discard water. When cool enough to handle, peel potatoes, and place on a lightly floured surface. Mash potatoes with a rolling pin.
- Place mashed potatoes into a large bowl. Stir in flour, egg, parsley, salt, and nutmeg. Knead well to form a smooth dough. Then roll out the dough to a thickness of about 1/2 inch. Cut flattened dough into thin strips, about 1 1/2 inches long. Gently roll out the strips, or stretch them until the ends taper. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat lard over medium heat. Place the potato strips into the skillet, and fry until golden brown on both sides.
badische schupfnudeln (potato noodles), Potatoes recipe