- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup uncooked rolled oats
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 4 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a medium bowl, mix the ground beef, oats, milk, 2 tablespoons minced onion, salt, and pepper. Let stand for a few minutes until milk is absorbed, and shape into 8 patties.
- In a small bowl, thoroughly mix the Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, sugar, ketchup, and 1/4 cup chopped onion; set aside.
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat, and fry the patties until brown on both sides. Pour the sauce in with the patties, and reduce heat. Continue cooking about 15 minutes.
barbequed hamburgers, Hamburgers recipe