- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring the quinoa and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the quinoa is tender, and the water has been absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes. Scrape the quinoa into a large bowl, and refrigerate until cold.
- Stir the garbanzo beans, cranberries, raisins, almonds, mint, coriander, cumin, and olive oil into the quinoa. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
garbanzo bean and quinoa salad, Quinoa Salad recipe