- 1 (1 ounce) package dried brown seaweed
- 1/4 pound beef top sirloin, minced
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 6 cups water
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Soak seaweed in water to cover. When soft, drain, and cut into 2 inch pieces.
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat; add beef, sesame oil, 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce, and a little salt, and cook for 1 minute. Stir in seaweed and remaining 1 tablespoon soy sauce; cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently. Pour in 2 cups water, and bring to a boil. Stir in garlic and remaining 4 cups water. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat. Simmer for 20 minutes. Season to taste with salt.
korean-style seaweed soup, Soup recipe