- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons Jamaican jerk seasoning
- 3 dashes hot pepper sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 12 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 1 hour
- Stir together the lime juice, honey, soy sauce, and oil in a large bowl. Season with jerk seasoning, hot pepper sauce, salt, and pepper. Add the shrimp and toss well to coat. Cover, and refrigerate for one hour to marinate. Place wooden skewers to soak in warm water.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat.
- Remove skewers from the water, pat dry, and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Skewer the shrimp. Grill the shrimp on the grill on both sides until pink and opaque, about 5 minutes per side.
spicy shrimp skewers, Shrimp recipe