- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a 9x13 inch baking pan with greased aluminum foil.
- To make the Crust: In a large bowl, mix together the butter, almond paste, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in one egg and the almond extract. Mix in the flour and stir until well blended.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden. Cool slightly, and spread the raspberry preserves over the crust.
- In a large glass or metal bowl, whip egg whites until they form soft peaks. Gradually beat in 1/2 cup sugar until peaks become stiff. Spread the meringue over the jam and sprinkle with coconut.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until firm. Let cool on wire racks. Lift foil from pan and cut bars with a sharp knife.
No Ratings Yet
You may also like