- Butter and flour a 9 inch round cake pan.
- In a pan over low heat, melt 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup light corn syrup.
- Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips until melted.
- Remove from heat and add sugar and eggs, and stir until blended.
- Stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla , flour, and nuts.
- Pour into pan. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes, or until center springs back when touched.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes. Then place on a cooling rack.
- To Make Glaze: Combine chocolate chips, 2 tablespoons butter or margarine and corn syrup in pan. Stir over low heat till chocolate chips are melted. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla.
- Frost tops and sides of torte. Chill until set. Garnish with sliced strawberries.
No Ratings Yet
You may also like