- Prep Time: 1 h 10 m
- Calories: 200 kcal
/ Quick Bread
/ Irish Soda Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease an 8 1/2x4 1/2-inch loaf pan.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, 9 tablespoons sugar, and salt in the mixing bowl of a large stand mixer on low speed until combined.
- Mix in butter until thoroughly combined.
- Beat in milk, then eggs, then raisins, incorporating each ingredient well before adding the next.
- Transfer dough to the prepared loaf pan and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bread has risen and the top is golden brown, about 45 minutes. A toothpick or cake tester inserted into the center should come out clean.
- Cool for about 10 minutes before slicing. Best served warm.
No Ratings Yet
You may also like