- 1 1/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large egg whites, beaten
- Preheat a lightly greased waffle iron.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate medium bowl, mix egg yolk, sour cream, coconut milk, pineapple and butter. Thoroughly mix in the flour mixture. Gently fold in egg whites.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared waffle iron, and cook until golden brown.
hawaiian waffles with pineapple and coconut, Waffles recipe