- 1 pound beef tenderloin, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot chile paste (such as sambal oelek)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, or to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced - white parts and tops separated
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Combine beef, orange juice, rice vinegar, soy sauce, hot chili paste, brown sugar, and garlic in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Strain beef in a colander set over a large bowl, allowing beef to drain thoroughly, about 5 minutes. Reserve marinade.
- Stir water and cornstarch into the bowl of marinade. Whisk until cornstarch is dissolved, set aside.
- Spray skillet with cooking spray and place over high heat. Cook beef for 1 minute without stirring; cook and stir for an additional minute.
- Stir in light parts of green onion and orange zest; cook for 30 seconds.
- Stir in marinade and green onion tops; cook and stir until beef is no longer pink inside and sauce is reduced and thick, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
spicy orange zest beef, Beef recipe