/ Spice Cake
- Place chopped tomatoes in a bowl and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon salt. Let stand 10 minutes. Place in a colander, rinse with cold water and drain.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and beat until creamy.
- Sift together flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, soda and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add raisins and nuts to dry mixture; add dry ingredients to creamed mixture. Dough will be very stiff. Mix well.
- Add drained tomatoes and mix well. Pour into the prepared 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes in the preheated oven, or until toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean.
No Ratings Yet
You may also like