- Prep Time: 1 h 40 m
- Calories: 352 kcal
/ Fruit Pies
/ Rhubarb Pie
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine 1 cup flour and sugar in a bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press crust into an ungreased 8-inch square baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven, leaving heat on.
- Combine sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, and salt in a bowl. Beat in egg yolks and heavy cream. Stir in rhubarb. Pour over the hot crust in the baking pan.
- Return pan to the hot oven and bake 40 minutes.
- Beat egg whites and vanilla extract together in a bowl at medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar and beat meringue until stiff peaks form.
- Remove pan from the oven, leaving heat on. Spread meringue over hot filling in the baking pan, spreading to seal edges. Sprinkle coconut on top.
- Return pan to the hot oven and bake 15 minutes more.
No Ratings Yet
You may also like