- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease baking sheets.
- Cream the shortening with the sugar. Blend in the eggs, milk and vanilla.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the chopped pecans, chopped dates and 1/3 cup maraschino cherries.
- Shape teaspoonful sized chunks of dough into balls. Roll each ball in the crushed corn flakes. Place balls on the prepared baking sheets and top each cookie with 1/4 maraschino cherry.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool completely before storing in airtight containers.
No Ratings Yet
You may also like