- 1/2 pound dried elbow macaroni
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 2 medium carrots, quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 1 large zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried oregano leaves
- salt and pepper
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed tomato soup, plus
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can water
- crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook elbow macaroni for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain, and set aside.
- Brown ground beef with garlic in a large skillet over medium heat. Strain off fat, if necessary. When meat is lightly browned, add carrots and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in zucchini and oregano, and continue cooking another 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- When vegetables are tender, stir in tomato soup, water, and prepared elbow macaroni, and cook for another 5 to 10 minutes. Serve with crumbled feta cheese on top, if desired.
easy greek skillet dinner, Pasta recipe