/ Fruit Desserts
/ Apple Desserts
- Beat shortening and brown sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and blend thoroughly.
- Stir together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg.
- Stir half the dry ingredients into creamed mixture. Stir in nuts, apple and raisins, then stir in remaining half of dry ingredients and milk. Mix well.
- Drop from tablespoon 1 1/2 inches apart onto lightly greased baking sheet. Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 10-12 minutes. Remove cookies to racks and while still warm, spread with glaze.
- To make Glaze: Combine powdered sugar, butter, vanilla and enough cream to make glaze of spreading consistency. Beat until smooth. Spread on warm cookies.
No Ratings Yet
You may also like