- 1 (8 ounce) package uncooked penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound portobello mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Place pasta in the pot, cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente, and drain.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the mushrooms, cook 1 minute, and set aside. Melt margarine in the saucepan. Mix in flour, garlic, and basil. Gradually mix in milk until thickened. Stir in 1 cup cheese until melted. Remove saucepan from heat, and mix in cooked pasta, mushrooms, spinach, and soy sauce. Transfer to the prepared baking dish, and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until bubbly and lightly brown.
portobello penne pasta casserole, Vegetable recipe