- Prep Time: 6 h 40 m
- Calories: 447 kcal
/ Soups, Stews And Chili
- Heat the vegetable oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Whisk in the flour to form a thick paste until smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and continue cooking, whisking constantly, until the flour turns a dark reddish-brown roux, about 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Pour water into a slow cooker.
- Stir in the roux, sausage, chicken, okra, onion, bell pepper, celery, garlic, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Cover and cook on Low for 6 to 7 hours.
- Skim off fat with a spoon.
No Ratings Yet
You may also like