- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed and leaves chopped
- 1/2 (16 ounce) package frozen shelled edamame (soybeans), thawed
- 1/4 red onion, sliced thin
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 2/3 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries (such as Ocean Spray® Craisins®)
- 1/2 cup cashew pieces
- 1/2 cup shelled, roasted sunflower seeds
- Whisk sugar, vinegar, salt, pepper, and olive oil together in a bowl until sugar is dissolved; set aside.
- Toss kale, edamame, red onion, carrot, blueberries, dried cranberries, cashew pieces, and sunflower seeds together in a bowl. Pour about half the dressing over the mixture and toss to coat. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate 4 to 6 hours. Serve remaining dressing on side.
super summer kale salad, Kale Salad recipe