- Bring the chicken stock to a boil in a saucepan over high heat.
- Slowly pour the grits into the stock while stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer until the grits are tender and thick, 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in 1/4 cup heavy cream to thin the grits.
- Stir in the Gouda cheese and 1/4 cup butter until melted and smooth.
- While the grits are cooking, place the bacon in a large, deep skillet over medium heat; cook until the bacon fat is rendered, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the shallot and garlic; cooking and stirring until the shallots are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Pour in the white wine and stir in 3 tablespoons butter, cooking and stirring until the butter has melted.
- Drop the shrimp in the skillet; cook and stir until they are bright pink on the outside and the meat is no longer transparent in the center, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach, mushrooms, and green onions; cook and stir until the spinach wilts, about 2 minutes more.
- Remove the shrimp with a slotted spoon.
- Stir in 2 cups heavy cream. Simmer until the cream is reduced by about a third, about 10 minutes.
- Season with hot sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Return the shrimp to the skillet to heat through.
- Serve shrimp and sauce over the prepared grits.
No Ratings Yet
You may also like