- Prep Time: 30 m
- Calories: 693 kcal
/ World Cuisine
- Mix flour and margarine together in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring until the flour and margarine form a paste.
- Whisk cream into flour mixture about 1/2 cup at a time until smoothly combined; whisk in chicken broth and parsley. Bring sauce to a simmer, whisking constantly until thickened.
- Whisk egg yolks and lemon juice together in a bowl.
- Whisk egg yolk mixture slowly into cream mixture, about 1 tablespoon at a time, until the sauce barely comes to a simmer and coats the back of a spoon. Do not boil.
- If thicker sauce is desired, whisk cornstarch and 1/4 cup of sauce in a small bowl; stir cornstarch mixture back into sauce until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Stir chicken breast pieces into sauce until chicken is heated through.
2.8 average vote / 6 people vote.
You may also like