- Prepare the 9 inch cake pan by rubbing the inside well with a drop of cooking oil and then scattering a little flour over it. Preheat oven to 360 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Separate the eggs and beat the yolks into the sugar thoroughly. Add lemon juice and grated rind, carrots, almonds, flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into cake mixture. Pour batter into 9 inch cake pan.
- Bake at 360 degrees F (180 degrees C) for 45 minutes.
- This cake is often iced with 3/4 cup confectioners sugar into which is beaten 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Little marzipan carrots are the traditional decoration.
No Ratings Yet
You may also like