- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups raw sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups peeled and chopped apples
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 24 muffin cups, or line with paper muffin liners.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, 1 1/2 cups raw sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Mix eggs, pumpkin, and oil in a small bowl. Stir egg mixture into flour mixture until just moistened; fold in apples. Fill prepared muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Combine butter, 1/2 cup raw sugar, 1/4 cup whole wheat flour, and cinnamon in a small bowl; sprinkle over muffin batter.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, 18 to 22 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from muffin cups to wire racks.
apple pumpkin muffins, Pumpkin Bread recipe