- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 very ripe banana, mashed
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup raw sugar, such as turbinado or demerara
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated unpeeled zucchini
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup unprocessed bran
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Stir together the pumpkin, banana, egg, and egg whites in a large bowl. Beat in maple syrup, sugar, and vanilla; the batter should be a bit frothy. Stir in zucchini; set aside.
- Mix flour, bran, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, and allspice in a separate bowl. Gradually add the flour mixture to the zucchini mixture, stirring just to moisten all ingredients. Over-mixing the batter will make it tough.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 50 to 60 minutes. Cool completely before cutting into squares.
banana bran zucchini bread, Zucchini Bread recipe