- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- salt to taste (optional)
- 16 chicken wings
- 2 limes, quartered
- Whisk together the garlic, green onion, sugar, five-spice powder, fish sauce, soy sauce, chili sauce, and salt in a bowl. Arrange the chicken pieces in a shallow, non-metallic dish. Spoon the sauce mixture over the chicken to evenly coat. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Arrange the marinated chicken on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until crispy, about 45 minutes. Serve with lime wedges on the side.
five-spice chicken wings, Chicken recipe